Endowment and Adjudication of the
Martin Bergmann Medal
A small fundraising committee set up by the adjudication committee is charged with raising sufficient funds to create an endowment to ensure the future of the award. These funds are managed by the Ottawa Community Foundation. The endowment fund for the medal will accept donations to a maximum of $125,000.
How to Make a Donation
To make a donation via the internet, please go to the Community Fund of Ottawa website and follows these steps:
- Click ‘To donate now’ (at bottom left on the home page)
- Select option 2, drop down list “Martin Bergmann Arctic Medal for Excellence in Leadership and Science”
- Indicate “Endowed” for ‘nature of gift’
- Print and submit your tax receipt.
If you would like to mail a cheque in support of the medal, please follow these steps:
Make cheque payable to: Martin Bergmann Medal Endowment Fund
Stamp and address the envelope to:
Community Foundation of Ottawa
75 Albert Street, Suite 301
Ottawa, ON K1P 5E7
The Adjudication Committee for the Medal
The adjudication of the medal is managed by the Royal Canadian Geographical Society.
Nominations will be reviewed annually by the RCGS Awards Committee who will make a recommendation to the RCGS Board of Directors.
Announcement of the Medalist and Presentation of the Medal
- The announcement of the Medalist is made at the discretion of the Royal Canadian Geographical Society. The Chair of or a designated representative will award the medal and a commemorative plaque to the recipient at a time and place to be chosn by the Royal Canadian Geographical Society.
- Costs of travel to the medal ceremony for the medalist and a guest are provided to the medalist.