Geographic Literacy Award
How to Nominate
NOTE: Deadline extended to August 1, 2012
The Geographic Literacy Award consists of a $5,000 prize; $2,500 is given to the recipient and $2,500 is given to the charitable organization of his/her choice.
If you know someone whom you think is eligible, please submit a letter of nomination to email@example.com before August 1, 2012.
*Please note the selection process has recently been updated, please ensure you read the details below.*
The selection process is as follows:
- Prior to August 1, 2012 the nominator submits a letter of nomination by e-mail to the executive members of Canadian Geographic Education (firstname.lastname@example.org) explaining why their candidate is deserving of the Geographic Literacy Award.
- After August 1, 2012 the nominee is informed of their nomination and is responsible for submitting a current C.V.
- Prior to September 15, 2012 the nominator is responsible for providing two different letters of reference to email@example.com.
- Prior to October 15, 2012 all candidates’ files will be reviewed by the selection committee.
- On a teleconference with the selection committee, the nominator will speak to the documents provided about their nominee and answer any questions that may be asked by the selection committee.
- A confidential vote will be taken the day after the teleconference and shortly thereafter all nominees will be contacted with the results.
Please note: All nominations will stand for two years. If a nominee is not selected in the first year, they will be approached in the subsequent year to update their file.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.