Geographic Literacy Award
Prize: $1,250 to the recipient; $1,250 donation made in the winner’s name is given to a Canadian charitable organization of his/her choice; and a trip for the recipient to attend the RCGS College of Fellows Annual General Meeting and College of Fellows dinner to receive the award.
Criteria: The Geographic Literacy Award shall be awarded to
- an individual who has made significant contributions to increasing geographic literacy in Canada throughout his/her career
- an individual who goes above and beyond his/her job description to increase geographic literacy
- The award will be given to an individual who works in the public, private or not-for-profit sector
- The award recipient may not be currently serving as a member of the Can Geo Education executive or on the RCGS Board of Governors
- The award recipient must be a Canadian citizen OR a permanent resident of Canada
- Prior to September 30 the nominator completes the online nomination form by clicking here.
- Immediately following submission, both the nominator and nominee will be informed that their nomination has been received and will be provided log-in information for an online account.
- Prior to September 30 the nominee is responsible for uploading a current C.V. to their online account.
- Prior to September 30 the nominator is responsible for uploading two different letters of support to the nominee’s online account.
- Nominations will stand for one year only.
- Prior to October 15 all candidates’ files will be reviewed by a selection committee of Canadian Geographic Education.
- Via teleconference, the selection committee will discuss the applicants.
- A confidential vote will be taken the day after the teleconference and all nominees will be contacted with the results by e-mail no later than October 25.