How to Nominate
All nominations must be submitted on-line.
To make a nomination for the Massey Medal, which recognizes outstanding career achievement in the exploration, development or description of the geography of Canada, please submit the following:
A completed online Massey Medal Nomination Form, including:
- Contact information for the nominator and the nominee
- A brief summary of the nominee’s outstanding career achievement (up to 1000 characters)
- A two-page (maximum) nomination letter that:
- specifically describes the nominee’s tangible accomplishments in relation to the award criteria
- justifies why the individual is worthy of the Massey Medal
This letter is very important in the assessment of the nomination.
- An abridged version of the nominee’s curriculum vitae, including a selected bibliography listing a maximum of ten (10) of the nominee’s principal published works. A strictly enforced total maximum of ten (10) pages is available for both the CV and list of publications.
- It is strongly recommended that up to two additional one-page letters of support for particular aspects of the nominee’s achievements be included in the nomination package.
Properly documented nominations submitted electronically and received at the Society’s office by 11:59pm EST on January 15, 2020 will be considered in the medal awarding process. The Committee will retain nominations under consideration for a period of three years.
We encourage you to submit nominations for the Massey Medal as we wish to ensure that all persons worthy of the award are brought to the Society’s attention. Please look outside your organization, as well as within, when considering who might be an outstanding nominee.
Submit your nomination on-line now.